15 Tips for Perfect Baking Every Time!
15 Recipe Tips for Perfect Baking Every Time!
- Stop cheesecake from cracking. Cheesecakes tend to crack due to a loss of moisture. This can be avoided by placing a small dish of water inside the oven while baking.
- Test to Check if Yeast is Fresh. Yeast works best when it is fresh. Add some yeast to the amount of warm water the recipe requires. Then add a pinch of sugar. If the mixture starts to bubble within 10 minutes, then the yeast is fresh.
- The key to Great Pastry is Using Cold Ingredients. Make sure that all your ingredients, including your flour are fresh by keeping them in the refrigerator. Once you have formed the dough, refrigerate it for 30 minutes and you will have perfect pastry every time.
- Make Your Pies Extra Special. You can make your pies extra tasty by simply adding a few spices like cinnamon, nutmeg or ginger to the pastry dough.
- Want Flakier Pie Crusts? Simply add a teaspoon of very cold vinegar instead of ice water, to achieve a flakier pie crust.
- Toasted Nuts have a more Intense Flavor. Place nuts in a skillet over medium heat for four to five minutes, shaking the pan often. Allow to cool and use immediately for best results.
- Test the Freshness of Baking Powder. Slowly pour a quarter cup of warm water over a teaspoon of Baking Powder. The fresher it is, the more actively the powder will bubble.
- Bake with Frozen Berries. Add frozen berries straight into your batter. Besides being as good as fresh berries, they will be moist from being frozen and will thus not dry out too much.dry out too much.
- Melt Chocolate without Burning It. To melt chocolate without burning place it into a sealed bag and then put the bag into a pot or bowl of boiling water from the kettle. As it starts melting occasionally squeeze the bag every few minutes to get the desired consistency.
- Make Your own Vanilla Extract. Soak a couple of vanilla beans in a litre of vodka for three months. Shake the bottle ever morning and eventually you will have great vanilla extract for baking.
- Keeping Jell-O Firm. Add one teaspoon of ice cold vinegar into your Jell-o to keep it firmer for longer.
- Roll Dough without Creating a Mess. Wet the back of a decent sized piece of wax paper and then place the wet side down onto the counter. This will keep the paper in place while you roll your dough out on it. When you are done, simply throw it out and you won’t have to clean the counter.
- Get Fluffier Egg Whites. When beating egg whites, never tap the whisk on the edge of the bowl. This vibration causes the egg whites to lose their fluffy consistency.
- Stop Sinking in Your Baked Goods. To stop fruits, nuts and chocolate chips from sinking to the bottom of your baked goods, simply coat them with some flour before adding them to your baking mixture.
- Want Tastier Oatmeal Cookies? Simply bake the oatmeal in a shallow pan for a few minutes before adding them to the mixture. Always check while it is baking because when oatmeal gets too brown it will start tasting bitter.
Watch out for more smart tips for cooking and baking soon. Thanks for reading and happy healthy cooking to you!